Cycling Mekong Delta Vietnam to Cambodia | CanTho ChauDoc HaTien 4 Days
Tour Code: SBL9B
Day1: Sai Gon to Cai Be, Vinh Long and to Can Tho (Lunch, dinner)
8.00 am our shuttle will take you out of town on an approx. 2hrs drive to Cai Lay where you collect your bicycles and enjoy a leisurely, two-hour bicycle ride on peaceful country lanes and quiet roads that pass through local villages and along canals. This offers you several stops on the route, seeing seasonal fruits at the tropical plantations such as rambutans, durian, longan, jackfruit, etc…(and they do taste nicer minutes off the tree!), perhaps watching farmers harvesting peanuts, visiting a coconut candy factory, a puffed rice factory, stopping at a market to buy fruit, etc.. We will have a great photo opportunity at Cai Be Catholic Church, built in 1929-1932, with its unique steeple atop.
We board our boat for a cruise over the mighty Mekong river (~ 1.5km wide), past waterfront villages and the Cai Be floating market, pausing for lunch of local specialties on Binh Hoa Phuoc island. After lunch, we start a short cycling on small paths under the green canopy alongside water, mostly shared with just pedestrians, other local cyclists and scooters, to explore the orchards and daily life of farmers.
Crossing Dinh Khao ferry, we will be transferred to Cai Ngang where we start two hours riding on immense rice fields, through numerous rural riverside villages, visiting Khmer Pagoda en route. Continue our cycle journey toward Vinh Long where you board the bus and transfer to Can Tho. We will have a short boat transfer to our home stay. (Let us know if you prefer a hotel in Can Tho city).
Evening free time for promenade along city quay. O/N in Can Tho.
Day 2: Can Tho to Chau Doc (Breakfast, lunch, dinner)
We embark on a morning boat trip to explore the vibrant, bustling Cai Rang floating market – one of the last authentic floating markets in Asia swirling with hundreds of boats zig-zagging on the river, and also to experience more cruises along small quiet winding waterways around Can Tho. We have chance to visit a local rice husking mill, or a factory producing vermicelli, etc.. Afterward, we mount our bikes for another three hours to ThoiLai , NongTruongSongHau and ThotNot. It will take you deeper into the more beautiful and even more interesting areas of the Mekong, and where fewer tourists travel to.
Our bus will pick you up and transfer to Long Xuyen for lunch break. Then we transfer to Chau Doc where we remount our bikes for another 12km ride to the sacred Sam mountain. We’ll take leisurely hike up Sam mountain with the vast views over the Delta and neighboring Cambodia. Overnight in Chau Doc.
Day 3: Chau Doc to Ha Tien (Breakfast, lunch, dinner).
Up early for a boat cruise through the amazing riverside market with all its bustling activity and smorgasbord of sounds, colors and smells. Then we cruise through the fish-farm village producing tons and tons of fish beneath hundreds of floating homes. Discover the ethnic Cham village with its famous Mubarak mosque and observe local women at their traditional weaving. Then we cycle ~ 25km nice road to TraSu mangrove forest. Boat trip to explore this bird reserve and have lunch break at local restaurant. In the afternoon we will cycle to HaTien town. This road is along VinhTe canal – the natural border to Cambodia. Overnight in Ha Tien.
Day 4: Ha Tien to Cambodia (Breakfast)
Morning transfer 5km from HaTien to Xa Xia border check point, goodbye Vietnam. End our cycling mekong delta Vietnam.
Tour price: (for services in Vietnam only)
Standard hotel: Fortuneland/West hotel, ChauPho, SGN-HaTien
- 22,980,000 vnd (US$ 995) / Solo person
- 13,750,000 vnd (US$ 595) / person (group of 2 people)
- 12,000,000 vnd (US$ 520) / person (group of 3 people)
- 10,280,000 vnd (US$ 445) / person ( group of 4 to 8 people)
Single supplement : 1,850,000 vnd (US$ 80)
Deluxe hotel: Victoria ****, River HaTien***
- 30,95,000 vnd (US$ 1,340) / solo person
- 18,370,000 vnd (US$ 795) / person (group of 2 people)
- 15,480,000 vnd (US$ 670) / person (group of 3 people)
- 13,630,000 vnd (US$ 590 / person (group of 4 to 8 people)
Single supplement : 4,600,000 (US$ 200)
- All boat trips and entrance fees.
- Accomodation: Deluxe hotel: Victoria****, River HaTien. Standard hotel: Fortuneland/West ***, ChauPho***.
- Meals: B,L,D as mentioned in the itinerary
- Transport : A/c bus supported with snack, cold water (Four 0.5L bottles per day per person), towel.
- Guide: Experienced tour guide.
- Bicycle: mountain bike or hybrid bike.
Not included: Insurance, personal expenses.
* Bring your cycling short, it will be more enjoyable for long ride.
* We try to take you to quiet road as much as we can, but this trip is not all time off-road. We sometimes meet road with a few cars and trucks. If you are allergic to trucks, do not take this trip. Thanks
Video of boat cruise in TraSu cajeput mangrove forest near ChauDoc.
Biking through the orchards on island to VinhLong.